Nail artist - Classification of fire-extinguishers
1. According to their containing extinguishing agent:
- powder based agents, P- signed
- water based agents, V- signed
- foam based agents, H- signed
- halon based agents,G- signed
- carbon-dioxide based agents, CO2- signed.
2. According to their size:
- hand-held fire extinguishers: their gross weight is at most 25 kg,
- portable pieces of device: they contain at most 50 kg extinguishing powder,
- transportable (rollable) device: they contain at most 750 kg extinguishing agent.
The base colour of containers of fire-extinguishers which contain agent is fiery red. The colour signal indicates the extinguishing agent found in the device:
Fire extinguishers have to be checked regularly in order to ensure that they work reliably. Conditions of checking are stated in regulations.